Have you ever wanted to learn how to make online MMORPG games like WoW (World of Warcraft) or Runescape without programming?
If you dream of creating your own MMORPG online game, read on…
The software we will be using to make online games without programming is MMORPG Maker XB. You can get it at:
1. In order to create an online game, we first need to register for MMORPG Maker XB. Once you’ve registered, create a new project. It doesn’t matter what you name your project at this point; it’s for your reference only.
2. Once you’ve created a new project, you should be taken to the editor screen with a full interface.
3. On the left hand side, you should see a files/folders list. This is the “Project Pane.” Below it, you will see the “Tileset Pane” or “Tiles Pane” where you can select tiles. You will also see some other tabs such as “Objects” and “Properties,” but we’ll worry about that later.
4. In the “Project Pane,” double-click the “Sample” map (in your “Maps” folder) to open it. Your screen will probably look like this:
5. In the “Tiles Pane,” select some ground tiles and paste it down on the map. I chose a dirt tile and pasted it in a few spots scattered throughout the map:
6. If you don’t want to limit yourself to ground or floor tiles, click the “Layers” button at the top menu. Select a higher layer to paste bushes, trees, signs, and so on.
7. Click “Play.” You have now begun making your first online RPG game using MMORPG Maker XB. Walk around, go inside the house (or even edit the house level), or do whatever you want!
8. Yes, it really was that easy to start making your own online game in MMORPG Maker XB. However, if you want to create vast worlds and customize your game more, you’ll need to put in some more time. MMORPG Maker XB has plenty of advanced features if you want to completely customize your game; the goal of MMORPG Maker XB is to make it easy for no two games to look or play the same!
9. You can create custom interfaces, import custom tilesets, create custom sprites and animations, setup custom events to bring your world to life, and more with MMORPG Maker XB. Check out the MMORPG Maker XB forums and tutorials for more help to create an online game.
Once again, you can visit MMORPG Maker XB at: